Spending my first hour as a 19-year-old going through pictures of the last few days and heart-warming birthday greetings (will get back to each of you lovelies soonest!).
The universe and the weather system conspired to cancel my morning PE class (I’ll miss touch rugby for another week, but hey, I’m not complaining).
Thank you to everyone who has been part of my journey thus far.
Thank youuu as well to Mamao, her chief accomplice Raine and the sneaky — and special! — creatures who connived to present a birthday surprise like no other.
Together, we rediscovered “adobo”, tested our innuendo mettle with What’s Yours Like?, vented through a strictly-timed round of Apostrophe, and got ultra-competitive over Taboo and Wordi. Besides good times and goodwill, we had our fill of tongue (thanks to my favorite lengua), the staple birthday noodles, barbeque, sardined milkfish, cheesy laing, pretzels,
pretentious junk food organic fruit chips, wine, Gouda and Colby.
By sunset, we had made the following all-important realizations:
1) Say “Lady___” as a clue for the “bug” in “ladybug” and you’re just as likely to be answered with: “Gaga!”
2) Unicorns can, in some ways, resemble bulls.
3) To some (and by some, I mean to Suzette Dalumpines), “hulk” is a perfectly acceptable rhyme for “honk”.
4) Making jokes is easier than making love.
5) America — not just flying or super strength– is a superpower.
6) “Royalty” is what jacks up after the EO on mining is passed.
7) Giraffes can’t really reach their ears with their tongues.
Thank you for sharing today — and so much more — with me, you precious sneaks.
Cheers to the sunshine in each of us, and to the company of people who keep downcast skies at bay!